Do you know what protective equipment you need while dealing with fentanyl or fentanyl laced drugs? Do you even know anything about fentanyl? Did you know that there is a fentanyl analog out there that will kill you with just a few micrograms? That’s the size of a grain of baking soda. In this course, you will learn:
- What personal protective equipment (PPE) you should have for possession of drug cases, street sales, and lab/bulk sales case
- The signs and symptoms of fentanyl exposure
- The routes of exposure that lead to fentanyl overdoses for first responders
- How to protect yourself from fentanyl exposure when you buy drugs undercover
- The steps you can take to decontaminate yourself if you are accidentally exposed
- How to do a risk assessment for “man down” calls so you can avoid fentanyl contamination
- The history, dosage units and types of fentanyl that are on the street today
This course is essential to any law enforcement member who has the possibility of coming across fentanyl in their daily activities. That pretty much means every officer in the United States and Canada. You’ll leave this course knowing exactly how to protect yourself and what steps to take if you become exposed to fentanyl.
If you’d like to enroll multiple officers, please email us here. Include the full name and email addresses of all enrollees as well as a billing contact; we’ll enroll everyone and send one invoice to your identified point of contact.