Forensic Statement Analysis is a tool that is highly effective in the detection of deception and the identification of hidden information in a person’s written or spoken statements. The analysis involves critically examining the word choice, structure, and content of a person’s statement to determine whether it is truthful or deceptive. As people intentionally attempt to be deceitful, they use different words, phrases, statement structure, and content in their statements.
In plain English…. this course will teach you, one technique at a time, how to identify when and where someone is lying to you in a statement. Then when you conduct your interview, based on the findings from your analysis, it can be much more direct and fruitful.
Using Forensic Statement Analysis (a series of layered techniques) you will identify the linguistic signals that differentiate deceptive statements from truthful ones as your suspect subconsciously reveals information he or she did not intend for you to know. This course is very interactive with significant hands-on, statement analysis practice.
Still have questions? Email me at email@example.com
After you complete this course, you’ll be able to:
- Cite how to collect a valid written statement
- List the two step process required for analysis
- List the parts of speech that are used during analysis
- Cite the importance of balance of a statement
- Identify “Linguistic Signals”
- Conduct an analysis of a written statement
- Interpret the results of an analysis
- Produce investigative questions derived during analysis
This IS NOT Handwriting Analysis.