A review of the history of law enforcement and how it has responded to societies needs. History often shows how law enforcement adapted throughout the years and shaped the profession of law enforcement into what it has become today.
Learning Objectives for this class:
1. Identify and summarize the five distinct stages of the
development of law enforcement, including:
– early history,
– English industrial period,
– American colonial development,
– American urbanization, and
– the modern period.
2. Recall the contributions of August Vollmer to modern
California law enforcement.
3. Describe the legal authority for establishing a law