Domestic and international terrorism is an ongoing threat to security for the United States and Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Terrorists have demonstrated persistence and creativity over the last 25 years.
• World Trade Center Bombing (1993)
• Bombing of federal building in Oklahoma City (1995)
• Summer Olympic Games in Atlanta (1996)
• World Trade Centers & Pentagon (2001)
• Boston Marathon bombing (2013)
• Pittsburg, PA Synagogue shooting (2018)
Homeland security experts believe the United States will experience more terrorist attacks. What they cannot predict is when and where. Uniform patrol officers are the initial line of defense in identifying signs of terrorist activities. Uniform patrol officers will also be the first responders to arrive on the scene of an attack.