If you are testing for promotion to the ranks of corporal, sergeant, lieutenant or captain and an oral board or structured interview is part of your process, the Oral Boards Made Easy™ e-Learning course is for you. Start your path to promotion with this totally updated video-based course which teaches and demonstrates strategies for answering a wide variety of oral board questions.
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2: Planning your Success
- Module 3: Success Tips
- Module 4: Selling Yourself and Closing Strong
- Module 5: Answering Interview Questions
- Module 6: Answering Experiential Questions
- Module 7: Answering Topic Knowledge Questions
- Module 8: Answering Rapid Fire & Non-Traditional Oral Board Questions
- Module 9: Answering Ethics Questions
- Module 10: Answering Leadership Questions
- Module 11: Answering Delegation Questions
- Module 12: Answering Community Policing Questions
- Module 13: Answering Planning and Organizing Questions
- Module 14: Answering Discipline Questions
- Module 15: Answering Performance Counseling Questions
- Module 16: Answering Conflict Resolution Questions
- Module 17: Answering Critical Incident and Situation Questions
- Module 18: Mock Oral Board 1
- Module 19: Mock Oral Board 2
- Module 20: Mock Oral Board 3
Accompanying the above modules is a 48-page downloadable action plan which reinforces each lesson with helpful tips and techniques. Each module can be viewed in less than 20 minutes, although you will want to allow time to practice while you are learning and developing your oral board skills.
The Oral Boards Made Easy™ concepts were developed by Assistant Chief (Ret.) Bill Reilly while preparing for his police promotion oral boards and assessment center. His results were:
- #1 on sergeant promotion list: oral board exam process.
- #1 on lieutenant promotion list: oral board exam process.
- #1 on captain promotion list: oral board exam process.
- #1 on assistant chief promotion list: assessment center process.
As a former police academy commander and a currently certified police leadership instructor, Chief Reilly narrates each of the 20 modules he created, as well as demonstrates each of the answer strategies. Because Chief Reilly does not want you to “go it alone” during your oral board preparation, he provides FREE course messaging access to him while you are enrolled.
Oral Boards Made Easy™ Offerings
- The Silver Access Course gives you repeated access to all of the above modules and videos for One Month, putting you on the path to promotion success.
- The Gold Access Course gives you repeated access to all of the above modules and videos for Four Months, at half the monthly cost of the Silver Access Course
- The Platinum Access Course gives you repeated access to all of the above modules and videos for Twelve Months, at a quarter of the monthly cost of the Silver Access Course.
If you are committed to getting promoted this time around, don’t you owe it to yourself to be thoroughly prepared and confident at your oral board?